Butterflies Essentials Salon
Please find information and updates below with regards to all things Butterflies related, including opening times for the holidays and new year and the latest on the covid 19 virus.
Firstly a big thank you to all of you who continue to support us by coming and trusting us with your hair and beauty needs, purchasing the products we recommend so you can have that in salon experience at home and maintain the fabulous hair that you left the salon with, and rebooking and recommending us to your family and friends.
With the laws around face coverings changing as of the 19th of July I thought it only right to give you our salon policies around our Covid protocol.
We will continue to ask our clients to wear a face covering while in the salon unless you are medically exempt, while I know some of you are desperate to be not wearing them I thought I would give you a little reasoning why I feel we should continue to do so within the salon –
* Myself (Danielle) am in the clinically extremely vulnerable category this was great for me in that I was fortunate that I was one of the earliest to have my first and even my second vaccine I am still at greater risk of there being problems if I did catch it. I have a young family and wish to keep them healthy and safe and also their mom alive and kicking as long as possible.
* Having a regular client base I have a number of clients that come in weekly and throughout the lockdowns many of which I continued to call and check on, many of which we are their only real outing to see people, they are our extended family if you will, some come to see us more than they do see their own family and I want to continue to stay open to welcome them in each week. There was a few occasions I got of the phone and personally broke down in tears hearing the sadness, loneliness and frustration in their voice of not being able to come in. We are a community I want to safely stay open for you as well as my own sanity.
* We will be continuing with wearing our face coverings and asking you to sanitise when you arrive at the salon and if you are happy to continue to pay via bank transfer it is preferred, but we will also take card and cash.
* We will be continuing with shampooing all our clients to minimise the risk of the virus being carried in and spread around from the hair that is cut. (you would be amazed how far the hair travels and where it ends up)
* We will also be doing our twice weekly lateral flow tests, and if in the even that one test is positive we will go have a test done at our nearest centre and contact anyone we have been in contact with, so if you can make sure if there are any changes to your details keep us informed. We are trying our hardest to do the responsible and right thing but we need your ongoing support in doing so.
I will be updating our risk assessment document over the coming weeks as I assess and take note of the latest announcement from the government and Covid figures, numbers and cases in our area.
Please note that while the salon will always be a safe inclusive space for all there will be some changes within the salon and before your appointment, these changes are put in place to minimise the risk of infection to you and also the team.
* It may sound obvious but please if you are feeling unwell please cancel your appointment with as much notice as possible letting others have the chance to come in, if you cant come and make your appointment due to being unwell share the love by letting someone else, and not the risk of spreading germs. For now the 48 hour cancellation fee will be taken down for those who are having to isolate however please dont take advantage of this we have already lost out on many months of business and have lost a lot of money and cancellations last minute we can rarely fill meaning more money lost, repeat offenders will be charged as per our T and Cs.
* Please only bring in what you absolutely have to, ie. keys, method to pay, (while we will still be taking cash, payment by bank transfer or contactless is preferred) if you come with bulky objects such as coats you will be given a rather unattractive and not overly environmentally friendly bin bag, iv worked hard since opening the salon to be as environmentally conscious as possible and seeing how nature thrived during the lockdown period lets keep ourselves and our environment a place we all want to live.
While this rule still stands we would prefer if you can come with as little as possible we are aware that in order to reduce the spread we would encourage our client to use the NHS track and trace that we have within the salon.
Thank you all so much for your patience this hasn’t been easy for any of us but I truly appreciate all of you who support Butterflies.
BUTTERFLIES HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTIST
Im sorry that some of your weddings have been cancelled and are being rescheduled im working with you as much as I can, please if you have your wedding coming up get in touch if you think you may have to move your wedding. I would much rather be proactive and help if I can.
KEEPING COVID SAFE – PLEASE DO NOT COME FOR A APPOINTMENT IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING YOU SAY YES TO –
Do you feel a soar throat?
Do you feel a cough?
Do you feel short of breath or are having difficulty breathing?
Do you have a fever >37.8C?
Have you had a fever for more than three days?
Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or suspected of having the new coronavirus?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE ABOVE PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL CLEARANCE BEFORE COMING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT WHILE WE DO OUR BEST TO PROTECT YOU PLEASE HELP PROTECT US. OUR RISK ASSESSMENT CAN BE FOUND BELOW.
Thanks you for your cooperation during these strange times, we really do appreciate your support and custom so lets keep us safe so we can carry on doing what we love for you.
Butterflies Essentials Salon is the latest addition to the Butterflies branding.
It’s a new and luxury salon based in the peaceful village of Kedington, nestled on the borders of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex.
Established by internationally published hair and makeup artist Danielle Baker who felt everyone should have a little luxury brought into their everyday salon experience.
With a team of knowledgable friendly staff, quality professional products and a choice of luxury hot drinks why wouldn’t you want to indulge yourself in the Butterflies experience, all based in a stylish modern salon?
Within the salon, we offer unisex cutting and styling services, a variety of colour services, and children’s hair.
And as the salon evolves we already have plans in place to expand into more beauty services and can’t wait to share our passion for the very best with you.
We are proud to say all our products we use within the salon are cruetly free, and we have a number of vegan friendly options too.
Trust us to make you and your hair feel that little bit more special. All you have to do is relax and enjoy yourself.
Don’t worry for those of you who still want the freedom of having hair and makeup done for weddings, bridal, photoshoots and events owner Danielle is still able to offer the freelance services on location that was always offered by Butterflies so you can take a breath knowing there is no mad rush of trying to rush trying to time your day around getting to the salon.
(Please note skin testing is required 48 hours before colour services for all clients who have not had a colour with us before)
Hair Salon Price List
Prices From – Junior Stylist Salon Owner
Ladies cut and blow-dry £25.00 £36.00
(for regular maintainable hair up to 12 weeks up or up to 1 1/2 inch off)
Restyle, cut and blow-dry N/A £50.00
(for clients who haven’t had their hair cut for over 12 weeks or want a large change and restyle, we will offer advice and spend extra time giving tips on how to maintain your new locks)
shampoo and Cut £25.00 £29.00
Blow Dry £18.50 £21.00
Prices From –
skin testing is required 48 hours prior to colour services
Colour Full head tint £55
Regrowth tint up to 8 weeks £36.50
Regrowth and colour refresh (up to 10 weeks) £42.50
Foils with tint (up to ten foils) £27.50 (£2.50 each foil after)
Full head foils £72.50 for longer/ thicker hair add £10
Half head foils £57.50 for longer/ thicker hair add £10
Toner (whilst having a colour service) £22.50
Toner (as a stand alone service with treatment) £30.00
Prices From – please contact us via our website as dry services will be temporarily removed from our menu due to covid 19 and risk assessments, thank you for understanding.
Prices From – Stylist Salon Owner
Toddler under 5 £10.00 £15.00
Girls and boys under 13 £12.00 £20.00
Girls under 16 shampoo and blow-dry 10% off on week days and 5% off at weekends
Prices From –
Wash cut and style £16.50 £18.00
Special Offer for OVER 65’S and children under 12
Valid Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with stylists
15% off blowdries and setting services and 10% off cut and blow-drying
Beauty Treatments Price List
ALL BEAUTY TREATMENTS ARE CURRENTLY POSTPONED DUE TO COVID 19 RISK BEING TOO HIGH
Cheeks/ side of face £12.50
Upper lip £10.50
Full arm £20
Hands and fingers £12.00
Small of back £12.50
Half tummy (belly button to bikini line) £15.00
Full tummy (breast bone to bikini line) £23.50
Toes and feet £13.50
Half leg lower (inc knee and feet) £20
Full leg (inc feet) £23.50
Full leg and basic bikini £33
Women’s Intimate Waxing
The modern bikini wax (high sides and top) £16.50
The Brazilian (leaving a
The Hollywood (all hair removed leaving a
Men’s Intimate Waxing
The plan A wax (butt/crack only) £20
The plan B wax (buttock only) £25.50
Add (plan A wax for only £12.50 when doing plan B)
Please get in touch to speak to Danielle to discuss.
Waxing eyebrows £10.50
Lash perm and tint £48
Lash or brow tint £15.50
prices from –
Gel polish on natural nails £23.50
and reapplication of gel polish (previously applied by us) £28.50
Removal and reapplication of gel polish (not previously applied by us) £38
Soak off of gel polish (previously applied with us) £15.00
Soak off of gel polish (not previously applied by us) £23.00
Connect with Butterflies Hair Design on Social Media
@ Butterflies Hair Design 2020
Website by wildcurrant.co.uk